Sunday 22 May 2011

Back to the deep pit

April 15th - 17th

To say I was gutted that I couldn't get back onto my spots in the reed swim was a massive understatement. I could have, and probably should have fished another swim on the lake with the same tactics, but I couldn't face being at the lake all weekend watching someone else catch off the back of my hard work.

After fishing at the shallow pit in the middle of an industrial area of town it was really refreshing to be back in the peaceful surroundings of the deep pit in Leighton Buzzard. I didn’t really know where to start, but after a few blank nights in the shallower areas of the lake at the end of March I fancied my chances back in the deeper area of the lake fishing to the clearer plateau towards the middle of the lake.

I took my tactics of hemp and boilies with me, and fished chod rigs over an area of spod mix and scattered boilies. The weekend was good fun as I was in the swim adjacent to another lad of a similar age, so we had a weekend enjoying a few ciders together.

However when he caught a 10lb bream he decided it was actually a weekend match and I would have to try and match his 10lb bag somehow!

Fortunately just as he was packing up on Sunday I managed to land a very pretty 7lb 7oz male Tench. That’s a really large Male Tench, and it was probably a personal best as well - sadly I forgot to take pictures.

Other than the Tench the weekend was largely uneventful, it was however peaceful and upon leaving I decided I would definitely be back soon to try and tempt some of the carp that had been giving me the run around so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment