Wednesday 13 April 2011

2011 - a new beginning

Although I really got back into fishing at the end of the summer in 2010 I was mainly cleaning out the rust and getting used to my new tackle as all of my previous rods and reels were stolen in Brighton. It was sad to lose the rods my Dad rebuilt for me, I believe they were 2.75lb amorphous whiskers.

However I must say I am really happy with my new Normark Nirvana 3,25lb - I think they are probably better suited to the waters I'm fishing now, but obviously they dont have my dads initials on them representing the care and love he had poured into them.

My journey began back in Brighton, visiting local day ticket waters. Although it was nice to be fishing the other fishermen I had to tolerate, and the price if the tickets really started to grate on me - there's only so many times you can tolerate people thoughtlessly casting over your lines or having loud parties on the next swim!

To cut a long story short I was made redundant at work and decided to pack my life up and move to bedfordshire to make a new life for myself near my uncle and surrounded by quality specimen waters!

I started out fishing a local pit that was weedy, deep and full of cats. I'd never really fished in such thick weed before and I'd really thrown myself in at the deep end!

No comments:

Post a Comment